Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Paul Heath <ph...@googlemail.com> on 2008/04/06 18:08:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2.2.8 wont run after installation

Have spent may hours installing and re-installing Apache2.2.8 and PHP5.2.5,
i cannot get apache to start.....

When i select the start [or restart]on the control apache service it returns
"The requested operation has failed".....

When i run the test configuration it returns:
"Cannot load C:/PHP/php5apache.dll into server. The specified module could
not be found"

I have had the server running briefly several days, but when i logged on the
next day i have had this issue ever since

I have the php.ini in my C:\Windows folder
In my httpd.conf i have the following:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
LoadModule php5_module "c:\PHP\php5apache2.dll"
SetEnv PHPRC C:\Windows

Messages in my error log contain:
httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
name, using 192.168.0.4 for ServerName
[Sat Apr 05 12:06:10 2008] [warn] pid file C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of
previous Apache run?
[Sat Apr 05 12:06:10 2008] [notice] Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) configured --
resuming normal operations
[Sat Apr 05 12:06:10 2008] [notice] Server built: Jan 18 2008 00:37:19
[Sat Apr 05 12:06:10 2008] [notice] Parent: Created child process 5164
[Sat Apr 05 12:06:10 2008] [notice] Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API
httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
name, using 192.168.0.4 for ServerName
httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
name, using 192.168.0.4 for ServerName

Ive trawled the internet but havent found a specific link to explain this
and how to go about fixing it...would really appreciate some help
Im new to Apache/PHP/MySQL

--
Rgds
Paul Heath

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2.2.8 wont run after installation

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Paul Heath <ph...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Have spent may hours installing and re-installing Apache2.2.8 and PHP5.2.5,
> i cannot get apache to start.....
>
> When i select the start [or restart]on the control apache service it returns
> "The requested operation has failed".....
>
> When i run the test configuration it returns:
> "Cannot load C:/PHP/php5apache.dll into server. The specified module could
> not be found"

Windows reports this for library X when library X itself has unmet
dependencies.  Try a PHP support form or depends.exe from here:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2.2.8 wont run after installation

Posted by Paul Heath <ph...@googlemail.com>.
Lester....that has solved my problem, dont know why i didnt spot that.
Originally, had apache1.3 installed and just thought i needed to upgrade to
php5apache2.dll....can get back to experimenting with php/mysql
now........many thanks...

On 4/6/08, Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> Paul Heath wrote:
>
> > Have spent may hours installing and re-installing Apache2.2.8 and
> > PHP5.2.5, i cannot get apache to start.....
> >

> Check the installation notes ;)
> php5apache2_2.dll is needed for Apache 2.2
>
> --
> Lester Caine - G8HFL
> -----------------------------
> Contact - http://home.lsces.co.uk/lsces/wiki/?page=contact