Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Chirthani, Deepak Reddy" <C-...@charter.com> on 2022/12/13 14:52:47 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Disabling flows - nifi registry

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your quick response. The only reason why I prefer processors to be disabled is to improve the NiFi UI performance by simply disabling stopped processors which I am not using.

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/Nifi-UI-Working-very-Slow-How-to-increase-performance-of-a/td-p/214550

I had issues with Nifi UI performance in the past where the refresh wheel keeps on spinning like for 10 seconds and disabling stopped processors really helped me.

Thanks
Deepak

[image005]
Deepak Reddy | Data Engineer
​IT Centers of Excellence
13736 Riverport Dr., Maryland Heights, MO 63043

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@apache.org>.
 Yeah I agree that disabling/enabling a processor should count as a change
for the purpose of version control / nifi registry for the reasons Bryan
and Stephen mentioned.

I could see us introducing something like "pause tracking changes" which
would change the icon for disabled PGs to something that just indicates it
is disconnected from registry. And it would have to be "unpaused" prior to
committing a new version. Would that be useful in this case or in general?
Personally I don't mind having "local/dirty" state for a PG in a dev
environment as I can always check local changes to see what is included,
and IIRC, enabling a PG will remove the local changes icon.

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/Nifi-UI-Working-very-Slow-How-to-increase-performance-of-a/td-p/214550<https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.cloudera.com%2Ft5%2FSupport-Questions%2FNifi-UI-Working-very-Slow-How-to-increase-performance-of-a%2Ftd-p%2F214550&data=05%7C01%7Cstephen.hindmarch%40bt.com%7C86e782f0c8b747d242e208dadebddd53%7Ca7f356889c004d5eba4129f146377ab0%7C0%7C0%7C638067204299548928%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=ZVoWjub6gDAju1xyliaJXCZ%2BVcc5LF5NZn6%2FidKKe7s%3D&reserved=0>

I had issues with Nifi UI performance in the past where the refresh wheel keeps on spinning like for 10 seconds and disabling stopped processors really helped me.

Thanks
Deepak

[image005]
Deepak Reddy | Data Engineer
​IT Centers of Excellence
13736 Riverport Dr., Maryland Heights, MO 63043

CAUTION: The e-mail below is from an external source. Please exercise caution before opening attachments, clicking links, or following guidance.
Hi Deepak,

So far, we have been honoring the following policy for what constitutes a change in version control:

  1.  stopped/started does not count as a "local change"
  2.  enabled/disabled does count as a change, and that state is captured in the flow snapshot json version saved to registry.

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@apache.org>.