Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Finlay Weber <fi...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/19 06:42:21 UTC

How to make JMeters access log sampler use timestamp for delay

I am using Jmeter's access log sampler to run a performance test. I am
following the instructions [here](
https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/jmeter_accesslog_sampler_step_by_step.html
)

The only problem now is the fact I realized that the access log sampler
does not make use of the timestamps in the access log to schedule the
requests, it just goes through the entry one after the other.

As I would like to reproduce, as exactly as possible, the requests as they
happen in the access log, I would require Jmeter to pace the requests based
on the timestamps in the log entries.

So far, I have not figured how to do this. Any ideas?

Re: How to make JMeters access log sampler use timestamp for delay

Posted by Finlay Weber <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felix,

Thanks for the response and thanks for clarifying that this feature is not
currently implemented with the access log sampler...

Do you somehow think what I want to achieve can be done via the jmeter
jsr223 mechanism? I read this is a replacement of the beanshell and it
allows one to write a custom sampler...the problem is that there is little
documentation out there on how to use the jsr223 mechanism...

Before I embark on a wild goose chase, I would like confirmation from
someone more familiar with Jmeter to indicate if what I want to do is
possible or not...

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 2:40 PM Felix Schumacher <

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.