Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Abius X <ab...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/06 09:31:04 UTC

Huge Problem

Hello
I'm unable to commit or update, since i've restored a previous revision of my subversion repository on the server.

What should I do?
Regards
AbiusX

Re: Huge Problem

Posted by B Smith-Mannschott <bs...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 11:31, Abius X <ab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
> I'm unable to commit or update, since i've restored a previous revision of my subversion repository on the server.
>
> What should I do?

Describe "unable to commit or update" and "restored a previous
revision of my subversion repository" more precisely.

Are you seeing error messages? What are they? When you say "a previous
revision", do you mean a backup? How old was it? Older than your
working copy? Or have you checked out a fresh working copy from the
restored repository?

// ben

Re: Huge Problem

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
You don't provide must detail, but I'm going to take a blind stab at it:

Check the ownership and permissions of the files you restored. These
files should be owned by the Subversion server user. If you're using
Apache's http, they should be owned by the Apache user (something like
"apache", "http", or "wwwrun".) If you're using "svnserve", the files
should be owned by the user running svnserve.

Also make sure the files are read/writable by that user. Normally, the
permissions should be 644, but if you're using ssh+svn, they should be
664 before the group needs read/write permission.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com