Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Anil <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/22 05:15:57 UTC

Manual savepoint trigger

A checkpoint is completed when the nth the checkpoint barrier crosses the
last operator.
When we trigger a savepoint manually, which checkpoint barrier is
considered.
Is it the next checkpoint barrier(next relative to the last barrier that was
considered to create the last checkpoint or savepoint) that the job will
wait to cross the last operator create a savepoint.

Re: Manual savepoint trigger

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anil,

When we trigger a savepoint, the JobManager's CheckpointCoordinator will
send an akka message for triggering to all source tasks,
which will generate a barrier for the savepoint (checkpoint).
I don't know if this explanation is clear enough.

Thanks, vino.

Anil <an...@gmail.com> 于2018年10月22日周一 下午2:21写道:

Posted by Anil <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anil,

When you manually trigger a savepoint, it is clear that it will wait for
the savepoint to complete.
Of course, the behavior of savepoint is consistent with checkpoint.

Thanks, vino.

Anil <an...@gmail.com> 于2018年10月22日周一 下午1:16写道: