Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Ty Young <yo...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/30 19:16:32 UTC

Netbeans should generate Maven projects with latest version

JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-4285

Netbeans should, assuming there are no blockers, always use the latest
Maven release for newly generated projects.

Can this be done? The only issue, IIRC, is that Maven and JUnit don't
work correctly... but that affects older versions anyway too. No one
would be forced to upgrade either, it just affects new projects created
via Netbeans.

Re: Netbeans should generate Maven projects with latest version

Posted by Ty Young <yo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/1/20 2:26 PM, Jan Lahoda wrote:
> I wonder - is this more about the version of the maven-compiler-plugin
> used, rather than of the Maven binary as such?

maven-compiler-plugin. Sorry for the confusion.

Netbeans creates new projects with 3.6.0, which doesn't support modules.
The latest version is 3.8.2.

Re: Netbeans should generate Maven projects with latest version

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
I wonder - is this more about the version of the maven-compiler-plugin
used, rather than of the Maven binary as such?

Jan

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Sure, that’s true. Just like the latest Payara and GlassFish can be
downloaded.

It would mean we wouldn’t need to bundle enbedded Maven at all.

Gj

Posted by Ty Young <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ty Young <yo...@gmail.com>.