Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Krishnanand Khambadkone <kk...@yahoo.com> on 2017/09/22 20:02:38 UTC

TEZ job spawning only 1 container and 1 core

Hi,  I am running a Hive query and I am seeing some strange behavior.  When I ran it with map reduce as the execution engine, it was spawning close to 40 containers.  I have switched the engine to TEZ and now the very same query is running with only 1 container and it keeps running for ever.   Has anyone observed this kind of behavior before.   I have also tried tweaking the yarn, map and reduce memory limits but to no avail.