Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Tim Burns <tb...@owlmountain.com> on 2001/01/21 19:04:17 UTC

well formed document?

Hello,
I am new to soap and have set up a service, but when I try to run the
examples, I get the following error:

solitude >java -classpath
"F:\owlmountain\software\xml-soap\classes;F:\owlmoun>
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the root
ele
ment must be well-formed.
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1056
)

Any help would be great!
Thanks in advance.
Tim

--
Tim Burns
Owl Mountain Software, LLC

RE: well formed document?

Posted by Cory Isaacson <ci...@capita2.com>.
This probably means there is an error which is causing the SOAP service to
not run. Check all of your classpath variables, and use the TcpTunnelGui to
debug it (it will show you the actual traffic and error message you are
getting).

Cory

RE: well formed document?