Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/09 16:33:59 UTC

Running Fruit & Vegetable Store Tutorials

Is there documention on how to run the store tutorials we release have
in our code repositories? I've seen the good developerWorks article [1]
on running the tutorial domain manager demo, and I've also seen some of
the earlier dev list posts to run the simpler stores demos from the
composites in Eclipse using the Tuscany plugin. The README and the
Tutorial PDF are decent overviews, but I think we need a more detailed
step-by-step guide for new users for all store demos.

Specifically I've been having trouble with some of the later store
demos. Are there instructions for running and populating the DB for some
of the DB related store demos? Also instructions for the Google mashup
store? Thanks for any pointers.

[1]:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-sca-tuscany/index.html?S_TACT=105AGX04&S_CMP=EDU
--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Re: Running Fruit & Vegetable Store Tutorials

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I guess the issue might be that the only place creating the store db
is the maven scripts. Let me see if I can spend some time on this
later today...

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: Running Fruit & Vegetable Store Tutorials

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
Hmm,

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luciano,

I saw those instructions as well. That works for the basic Store and
Store merger demos, but not for the StoreDB, StoreEU, Supplier or
following demos like mashup. I see some SQL code for a table, but I do
not see any info on running a DB or how to connect to it with StoreDB.
The README file points to an empty web page. I will continue to look

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.