Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hari Kodungallur <ha...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/04 21:14:54 UTC

can we disable cache invalidation?

Hi,

We do nightly build (using maven) on mutliple boxes, but using the
same user, called builduser. So basically /home/builduser/.maven is
shared among multiple builds on different machines at the same time.
Every now and then, I see a message like this

Cache invalidated due to out of date plugins
org.apache.maven.MavenException: Error parsing project.xml
'/home/builduser/.maven/cache/maven-junit-report-plugin-1.5/project.xml'
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getNonJellyProject(MavenUtils.java:207)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:143)
--- Nested Exception ---
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/builduser/.maven/cache/maven-junit-report-plugin-1.5/project.xml
(Stale NFS file handle)

I am guessing /home/builduser/.maven/cache got invalidated for some
reason from one machine and got repopulated at a time when other
machines were using the same. (Thats the only reason I can think of
for the "stale NFS file handle").

My questions are:
(1) When exactly does the cache get invalidated. What change prompts
maven to do that?
(2) Is there any way to disable the deletion and repopulation of the
cache/plugins directory when this happens?

Thanks very much
-Hari

Re: can we disable cache invalidation?

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Hari,

It is no no to share same local repo for pararallel build.
try to route your local repo to local disk in each box, your
${user.home}/build.properties

#set local repo to local disk
maven.home.local=/opt/.maven/${user.name}

You must do this as wll since putting local repo on your network drive wil
slow the build

-D