Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org> on 2001/10/05 20:35:07 UTC

cvs updates

I worked on fixing some bugs listed in the bug database.  I fixed all the NEW
bugs, but one (which I don't know how to fix just now).  The rest were marked
ASSG, so I left them, though, I'd be glad to work on them if Kevin wants some
help?

The main things that were fixed are:

1. JMeter opens centered on screen taking up 80% of screen
2. WorkBench, root, and test plan nodes not removable
3. Error is displayed to user if they try to add an illegal component to a
test plan (ie anything but a ThreadGroup)
4. Multiple tree nodes can be removed at once by selecting multiple nodes and
choosing remove (still can't remove WorkBench or Test Plan this way - HA!)

I see a release coming up real soon (like early next week, particularly if
Kevin can finish the remaining bugs).  It would be very nice if people could
check out the latest CVS code and hammer on it in the next few days.

thanks everyone!

--
Mike Stover
mstover1@apache.org

Re: cvs updates

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
I made changes to prevent adding non-threadgroup items to a testplan.  I left
the bug open because I feel this issue should be addressed in a more
comprehensive way in the future.  My change only fixed that special case.

I have been thinking for a while that we should consider a configuration file
that would instruct JMeter how to handle components (addable list, whether
the component is removable, saveable, editable, etc).  I'm thinking XML
currently for this information.  With such a tool, component writers would no
longer have to hardcode into their classes information about what components
could be added to theirs, or what save handler it used, or whether it showed
up as an option in the gui at all.

Stuff for the future.

-Mike

Mike Stover
mstover1@apache.org

Re: cvs updates

Posted by kevin hammond <ke...@yahoo.com>.

#3626 ("Can put elements in TestPlan without having a