Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Suu Quan <sq...@wwc.com> on 2001/05/21 23:30:30 UTC

Why does recompile even source not modified?

In my attempt to understand javac, I have set a task to compile a few java
files
in a package util.* (project name is 'stp')

<target name='utils'>
  <javac srcdir="/stp/utils" destdir='/stp'
      includes='*.java' verbose='yes'
      excludes='Copy.java'
  />
</target>
The first compile went OK. The subsequent times I ran ant again, it does
recompile
all the class files.
Note that each java file has the declaration 'package utils;' in them.

Sample output for one file
    [javac] [checking utils.MediatedThreadIf]
    [javac] [wrote C:\stp\utils\MediatedThreadIf.class]

What did I do wrong
Thanks in advance

Re: Why does recompile even source not modified?

Posted by Suu Quan <sq...@wwc.com>.
Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
Use:

=====