Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/04 15:12:58 UTC

performance benchmark tests also go against Metro and CXF?

Hello, I've been looking at our soap_http_doc_lit performance test[1] and
wanted to confirm the purpose of build_axis.xml and build_ri.xml.  What they
do is have *both* the web service provider and the SOAP client use Axis or
Metro, and not just the SOAP client, correct?

Thanks,
Glen

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cxf/trunk/benchmark/performance/soap_http_doc_lit/

Re: performance benchmark tests also go against Metro and CXF?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Saturday 04 October 2008, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Hello, I've been looking at our soap_http_doc_lit performance test[1]
> and wanted to confirm the purpose of build_axis.xml and build_ri.xml.
> What they do is have *both* the web service provider and the SOAP
> client use Axis or Metro, and not just the SOAP client, correct?

Yea, they are remnants from when I was trying to get it working for those
2 providers.   However, I ran into some problems so I didn't pursue them
very far so they might not be complete enough to be working.

The Metro results were very sporatic.   Some were REALLY REALLY good, but
then it would drop back down, etc...  Digging into it, there were
threading issues on the server side that was resulting in "nulls" coming
back instead of real responses which was why the results were so good.
The client tester should probably be updated to actually check the
a long time ago so the latest 2.1 releases may be better.

I could only get the echoString stuff working with Axis2, but that was
with one of the 1.3 snapshots which was before they really started
trying to get the jaxws stuff working.   I haven't tried with 1.4.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org