Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by 郑宇飞 <fe...@icloud.com.INVALID> on 2019/09/24 11:10:37 UTC

Question about "mata-data-report"

Dear Mr or Mrs:
	First of all, it's a great honor to subscribe to dubbo, and I'm sorry to disturb you at such a time.Sorry for my awkward English. Here are some questions I would like to ask:
	Let me first describe the scenario: dubbo 2.7.3 auto-configuration(version 2.7.3 has already included Dubbo-all dependency),registry: zookeeper(curator) , meta-data-registry - Redis (One thing worth noted is that the official website’s documentation doesn’t include the English version user guide for meta-data-report column, but the Chinese version include it.However, the Chinese version doesn’t update the Redis and zookeeper configuration tutorial information in this meta-data-report column) run on Spring-boot 2.x
	The first question is about the Redis meta-data-report: No matter how I change the properties concerning with the meta-data-report, the Redis doesn’t update the new info.For example, we use the default configuration value, that is
“dubbo.metadata-report.address=redis://127.0.0.1:xxxx
dubbo.metadata-report.retry-times=100       ##default值100
dubbo.metadata-report.retry-period=3000    ##default值3000
dubbo.metadata-report.cycle-report=true   ##default值true”
In fact, the provider(Assumed it is the property of one provider A), the interesting thing is that  no matter what I did to the Redis, for example, change the   value which is what  the provider A’key corresponds to, or delete the value of the provider A .It didn’t change as time goes by. Theoretically, it should be updated or restored due to the mechanism of the “cycle-report” and “retry-period”. But the meta-data do imported to Redis when the provider was started.

The next question is about the significance of the properties concerning with the “metadata-report”. As we all know, the meta-data contains some “useless” data” which have no influence on the operation of dubbo. So why do we still store them in  the meta-data registry? I want to know the consequence if we just totally ignore these meta-data.Can dubbo still run smoothly?  What defect will be triggered?

																																										Developer: YufeiZheng,China

Re: Question about "mata-data-report"

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
Dear Yufei,

Thanks for subscribing @dev first, and welcome :)

> One thing worth noted is that the official website’s documentation doesn’t
> include the English version user guide for meta-data-report column, but the
> Chinese version include it.However, the Chinese version doesn’t update the
> Redis and zookeeper configuration tutorial information in this
> meta-data-report column

Would you mind to file an issue on https://github.com/apache/dubbo-website?
Thank you very much for pointing this out.

In fact, the provider(Assumed it is the property of one provider A), the
> interesting thing is that  no matter what I did to the Redis, for example,
> change the   value which is what  the provider A’key corresponds to, or
> delete the value of the provider A .It didn’t change as time goes by.
> Theoretically, it should be updated or restored due to the mechanism of the
> “cycle-report” and “retry-period”. But the meta-data do imported to Redis
> when the provider was started.

It looks like a bug, would you mind to file an issue on GitHub? We can
follow up to investigate.

> The next question is about the significance of the properties concerning
> with the “metadata-report”. As we all know, the meta-data contains some
> “useless” data” which have no influence on the operation of dubbo. So why
> do we still store them in  the meta-data registry? I want to know the
> consequence if we just totally ignore these meta-data.Can dubbo still run
> smoothly?  What defect will be triggered?

With regarding to 'useless data', would you mind to clarify the concreate
property? It is pretty safe to ignore the whole meta-data if you don't use
'service test' on Dubbo Admin.

 Cheers,
-Ian.