Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by David Webber <da...@musical.demon.co.uk> on 2013/03/06 13:26:47 UTC

Re: How to convert DOMNode to std::string?

From: Renato Forti

>I need convert DOMNode* into std::string! How I can do this,

For a DOMNode containing #PCDATA, off the top of my head, something like:

std::wstring  xmlContainedString( const DOMNode *pNode )
{
    std::wstring sResult;
    if( !pNode ) return sResult;    // Error => empty string.

    DOMNode *pText = pNode->getFirstChild();

    if( pText &&  (pText->getNodeType() == DOMNode::TEXT_NODE) )
                                                               sResult =
pText->getNodeValue();
    return sResult;
}

And BTW  I recommend always using wide strings (std::wstring)

Dave

David Webber
Mozart Music Software
http://www.mozart.co.uk/