Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2007/08/09 14:24:41 UTC

Connecting to an existing XMPP server

Hi

Can someone tell me how I could connect to an external XMPP server
(instead of using the embedded XMPP server that ships with ActiveMQ) and
use the XMPP transport with ActiveMQ

thanks
asankha

Re: Connecting to an existing XMPP server

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/9/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can someone tell me how I could connect to an external XMPP server
> (instead of using the embedded XMPP server that ships with ActiveMQ) and
> use the XMPP transport with ActiveMQ

The easiest way is to bridge the two using Camel...
http://activemq.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html

http://activemq.apache.org/camel/xmpp.html

e.g. add the following to the <camelContext> in the activemq.xml

<route>
  <from uri="xmpp://myhost:port/myroom">
   <to uri="activemq:myQueue"/>
</route>