Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Warwick Burrows <wa...@e2open.com> on 2004/10/29 17:55:30 UTC

RE: Server seems to hang on create new WebdavResource... (yikes, still hung)

> Anyone else with hung Slide 2.1b2 servers?

There's the jdbc store hang I just fixed, and there is still the possibility
of a jdbc hang for users who have the access control enabled. The basic
problem with this deadlock was that the transaction had locked access to a
table for the length of the transaction but that fact had been lost so a
subsequent access attempt tried to start another transaction and grab the
same lock again. So it deadlocked waiting on itself to release the lock. Now
if the other store implementations (TX file sys and XML descriptor, etc)
also acquire transaction locks of some kind then its possible that this
problem might extend to other stores too.

Oliver, you implemented the transactional file system store, correct? Do you
know whether the other stores acquire locks at the start of a transaction as
seems to be the case with the DB store? If so then this could be the same
problem (31907) or the access control variant (31908)?

Warwick

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
> Oliver, you implemented the transactional file system store, correct? Do you
> know whether the other stores acquire locks at the start of a transaction as
> seems to be the case with the DB store? If so then this could be the same
> problem (31907) or the access control variant (31908)?

Yes, the tx store does locking very similar to the RDBMS stores.
Concerning 31908, how can we fix this? Have you already digged into
it?

Oliver