Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by David Takle <dj...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/26 14:21:48 UTC

Blank window + Error Box

After I let the blank window sit overnight, the background now says:

*NetConnection.Connect.Failed*

And a dialog box pops up with "*Error Missing [204]*" in the title bar and
two messages inside the box:
*Error Missing [556]* and *Error Missing [642]*

Thoughts?

~David

Re: Blank window + Error Box

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
There is only one version of the docs.
This is the version:
http://incubator.apache.org/openmeetings/installation.html

We can't control what other write on various places and in their blogs
accross the www.

I agree that there could be done a lot, however the product has been
downloaded over 250.000 times if you cumulate past versions.
The number of postings about installation issues is 4754:
http://markmail.org/search/?q=openmeetings+installation
Compared to the number of total postings: 35578
http://markmail.org/search/?q=openmeetings

So 35:4 or 1 out of 9 emails is about an installation issue. I don't think
that this is a ratio where one could assume that the project has reasonable
issues in installation. Your assumptions seem to me rather motivated by
frustration because of individually issues.

However we welcome your contributions, you have to keep in mind that every
line of code, email or wiki page that you use and read was written by
volunteers. People once similar to you.

Sebastian

RE: Blank window + Error Box

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
David,

Maybe it would be a better option for you in the first instance to test out the OM service and features using the pre-built LIVE-ISO here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/ISO+Live+OpenMeetings+2.0+in+Ubuntu+12.04+to+download

Just simply start it up in a Virtual machine (such as Virtual Box) or some spare hardware and test it out, if its what’s you are looking for you can try the Linux guides here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Tutorials+related+to+OpenMeetings

Up to date guides are:

Installing OM2.x On Debian64 - Headless.pdf

And

Installing OM2.x On Ubuntu64 - Headless.pdf

These have been tried and tested by many users with success.

Best Regards

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 9:06 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock <https://twitter.com/#%21/dead_lock>
http://www.webbase-design.de <http://www.webbase-design.de>
http://www.wagner-sebastian.com <http://www.wagner-sebastian.com>
seba.wagner@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>

Stephen Cottham
Group IT Manager (Associate)

Robert Bird Group
Level 5, 333 Ann St
Brisbane, Queensland, 4000, Australia
Phone: +6173 319 2777 (AUS)
Phone: +44207 592 8000 (UK)
Fax: +6173 319 2799

Mobile:  +61400 756 963 (AUS)
Mobile: +447900 918 616 (UK)
Web: www.robertbird.com

This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain legally privileged information or copyright material. Unless expressly stated, confidentiality and/or legal privilege is not intended to be waived by the sending of this email. The contents of this email, including any attachments, are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact us immediately by return email and then delete both messages. You may not otherwise read, forward, copy, use or disclose this email or any attachments. Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states otherwise. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses or defects before opening or sending them on. None of the sender or its related entities accepts any liability for any consequential damage resulting from this email containing computer viruses.

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules
http://www.codetwo.com

Re: Blank window + Error Box

Posted by David Takle <dj...@gmail.com>.
Sabastian,