Posted to user@commons.apache.org by pedro Cristian <pe...@yahoo.fr> on 2005/04/29 13:59:36 UTC

[JXPath] deprecated doc

I was just looking at the JXPath documentation.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/users-guide.html

The user guide recommends using the XMLContainer

"An example of a useful container is XMLDocumentContainer  . When you create an
XMLDocumentContainer, you give it a pointer to an XML file (a URL or a
javax.xml.transform.Source)."

However, this class is deprecated.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/apidocs/org/apache/commons/jxpath/XMLDocumentContainer.html

So if someone wants to evaluate an XPath on an XML flow what is the recommended
solution? Use this deprecated class using a SAX source, or use another XPath
capable library like Jaxen?

Is it a misunderstanding of the aim of JXPath (more centered on accessing java
objects and xml file in the classfile or accessed thru an url)?

Pedro

Re: [JXPath] deprecated doc

Posted by Pedro Cristian <pe...@yahoo.fr>.
 --- Dmitri Plotnikov <dm...@plotnix.com> a écrit :
> Pedro,
>
> The class is now called simply DocumentContainer.
>
> I will update the documentation when I get a chance.
>
> Thank you,
However DocumentContainer does not have a constructor with a Source. Just with
an URL. Or is there a way that I don't know in order to transform an internal
String into an URL (without using a File)?

Pedro

Re: [JXPath] deprecated doc

Posted by Dmitri Plotnikov <dm...@plotnix.com>.
Pedro,

The class is now called simply DocumentContainer.

I will update the documentation when I get a chance.

Thank you,

- Dmitri