Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lr...@apache.org> on 2008/04/09 05:56:21 UTC

[(GSoC] Time to rank the Google Summer of Code Proposals

For those who had volunteered as mentors for GSoC 2008, it's time for
us to rank the proposals. In order to facilitate our jobs, I went
trough the list of proposals, and posted links to the Tuscany related
ones in the following wiki page [1]. The complete list is available on
the GSoC mentor dashboard [2].Please take a look and help us rank the
applications. Note that applications that we would never consider (no
effort, no details, cut and paste of original project description
etc.) can be marked as "Ineligible", but only do this is you really
think the application is of no interest, we can't get them back again.

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Google+Summer+of+Code+%282008%29+Applications
[2] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/asf/open.html

Thanks

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: [(GSoC] Time to rank the Google Summer of Code Proposals

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.
Ok. I subscribed the list. And now I'm sending an email for mentoring
apache hadoop/sca
Consider that my "mentorship" will end 30th June.

Ciao,
Giorgio.
---
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to
live, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a
commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman
candles exploding like spiders across the stars"
On The Road - Jack Kerouac

Re: [(GSoC] Time to rank the Google Summer of Code Proposals

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hey Giorgio,

   That would be really good. Now that you have your apache account
ready, please follow the next stes:

- Go to GSoC website [1] and register as a mentor and select Apache
Software Foundation as mentor organization. You might need to add your
mail to MailAlias.txt that is available in repos/private/committers in
order to get approved.

- Subscribe to code-awards mailling list (code-awards-subscribe@apache.org)

- Send e-mail to code-awards asking for approval of your mentor application.

- Once you are done as a mentor, please review applications. I have
added a list of Tuscany applications in our wiki [2]

[1] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/mentor_step1.html
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Google+Summer+of+Code+%282008%29+Applications

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 4:27 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>
> >  wrote:
> >

> >  > For map/hadoop if you need a part time mentor till 30 June, ask me.
> After
> >  > that time I'll travel around Spain all summer.
> >  >
> >  > --
> >  > Ciao,
> >  > Giorgio.
> >  > ---
> >  > Giorgio Zoppi             giorgio.zoppi@gmail.com
> >

> >  Hi Luciano
> >
> >  I've just signed up as a mentor (it says my application is pending).
> >  Anything else I need to do while I'm waiting for that to come through?
> >
> >  Simon
> >

> You need to send an email to code-awards@apache.org saying you've
> registered as a mentor, the gmail address you used and your apache id.
>
>   ...ant

Thx ant, will do.

Simon

Re: [(GSoC] Time to rank the Google Summer of Code Proposals

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 4:56 AM, Luciano Resende <lr...@apache.org> wrote:

> For those who had volunteered as mentors for GSoC 2008, it's time for
> us to rank the proposals. In order to facilitate our jobs, I went
> trough the list of proposals, and posted links to the Tuscany related
> ones in the following wiki page [1]. The complete list is available on
> the GSoC mentor dashboard [2].Please take a look and help us rank the
> applications. Note that applications that we would never consider (no
> effort, no details, cut and paste of original project description
> etc.) can be marked as "Ineligible", but only do this is you really
> think the application is of no interest, we can't get them back again.
>
> [1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Google+Summer+of+Code+%282008%29+Applications
> [2] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/asf/open.html

How many actual GSoC mentors do we have from Tuscany? By my count its 4
which if we're to have two mentors per proposal and likely to only get
Tuscany mentors for Tuscany proposals then that means we can only support
two proposals right? Have I missed some mentors? Would any other Tuscany
committers volunteer to be mentors?

   ...ant

Re: [(GSoC] Time to rank the Google Summer of Code Proposals

Posted by Luciano Resende <lr...@apache.org>.
Some information available at the ASF GSoC wiki.

http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCodeMentor

Posted by Luciano Resende <lr...@apache.org>.
Thanks for checking Mario

Posted by Luciano Resende <lr...@apache.org>.
And one last recommendation  :

Pleae only vote +4 if you are a mentor or co mentor.

 +2 is the highest the rest of us should vote.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lr...@apache.org>.