Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raghava Mutharaju <m....@gmail.com> on 2010/05/14 04:59:01 UTC

HDFS-630 patch for Hadoop v0.20

Hello all,

     I am trying to install HBase and while going through the requirements
(link below), it asked me to apply HDFS-630 patch. The latest 2 patches are
for Hadoop 0.21. I am using version 0.20. For this version, should I apply
Todd Lipcon's patch at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12430230/hdfs-630-0.20.txt.
Would this be the right patch to apply? The directory structures have
changed from 0.20 to 0.21.

http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/current/api/overview-summary.html#requirements

Thank you.

Regards,
Raghava.

Fwd: HDFS-630 patch for Hadoop v0.20

Posted by Raghava Mutharaju <m....@gmail.com>.
(forwarding this email from common-user mailing list)

Hi all,

      I will briefly describe the problem again. In the installation
requirements page of HBase -
http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/current/api/overview-summary.html#requirements,
it is given that we should apply patch HDFS-630. It is also mentioned that
this HBase version is only for Hadoop 0.20.x. But the latest patch of
HDFS-630 is for Hadoop 0.21. There is a patch for Cloudera's version of
Hadoop 0.20 but not for Apache Hadoop 0.20.x. How can I get around this
problem of finding the right patch?

Thank you.

Regards,
Raghava.