Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Info Olagos <in...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/20 20:33:43 UTC

proposal

Hello,

What should be a very nice feature in Ofbiz which doesn't exist at the
moment, is the following:

It should be nice if you could insert all the data for a certain new
product in different days. Let's say day one, you do the product
properties, day two you continue with the content part, day three you
continue with the price, etc.

You only publish the new product when you have completed all data. So the
product doesn't appear not complete on the webpage.

So one need a PUBLISH button.

I don't think that is possible at the moment in Ofbiz.

Regards,
Heidi & Eric

--
Olagos bvba
http://www.olagos.eu <http://www.olagos.eu/>

Re: proposal

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
at the first level you can create a "working Catalog" that is not online.
then you can use the copy function to the "live catalog" when ready.
so the only thing necessary is a to from list that a import routing can
read and do the copies in mass.

Info Olagos sent the following on 5/20/2012 11:33 AM:

Re: proposal

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
I have to agree with Ruth on this. System developers tend to forget whom
they are building solutions and enhancements for, or have a different view
on problems endusers perceive. What is easy for one can be a cumbersome
task for another.

Having easy workflows in place helps adoption.

Regards,

Pierre

Re: proposal

Posted by Atul Vani <at...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Agreed. Agreed that there is a huge list of things that can be made
easier in OFBiz for the end user. But I disagree that the one mentioned
is one among them, or is a top ranking at least. My point is that, if I
am not missing something, you're considering a very small subset of the
requirements that a user can have. I believe, a consistent workflow help
the end user to understand the system, and relate things around. Though
I don't have much experience of sitting in the end user's chair, so I
might be talking as someone form a distant planet :) Please carry on.

Re: proposal

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Atul:

Re: proposal

Posted by Atul Vani <at...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Ruth, Nick,

Re: proposal

Posted by Nick Rosser <nr...@salmonllc.com>.
Ruth,

Re: proposal

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Nick:

Re: proposal

Posted by Nick Rosser <nr...@salmonllc.com>.

Re: proposal

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Heidi:

Re: proposal

Posted by Info Olagos <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ruth,

Re: proposal

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Heidi:

Re: proposal

Posted by Atul Vani <at...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: proposal

Posted by Venkat Mangudi <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Why don't you use the start date/end date on the product to control
visibility in the catalog?

--Venkat

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:03 AM, Info Olagos <in...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What should be a very nice feature in Ofbiz which doesn't exist at the
> moment, is the following:
>
> It should be nice if you could insert all the data for a certain new
> product in different days. Let's say day one, you do the product
> properties, day two you continue with the content part, day three you
> continue with the price, etc.
>
> You only publish the new product when you have completed all data. So the
> product doesn't appear not complete on the webpage.
>
> So one need a PUBLISH button.
>
> I don't think that is possible at the moment in Ofbiz.
>
> Regards,
> Heidi & Eric
>
> --
> Olagos bvba