Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dora <do...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/07 03:57:20 UTC

Failed to start Apache pig on Hadoop

Hello everyone,

I'm Dora, a beginner of Hadoop.

Anyway, did anyone encounter the following issue?
WARNING: org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter is deprecated.
Please use org.apache.hadoop.log.metrics.EventCounter in all the
log4j.properties files.

After I install the Apache pig and try the "pig" command on Linux, the
above warning was turn up.
Does anyone knows why it happened?

P.S
Apache Pig version : 0.10.0
Hadoop Version : 0.20.1

Best Regards,
Dora

Re: Failed to start Apache pig on Hadoop

Posted by Dora <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

Thank you very much for the reply.
Anyway I'll try to use the recent Hadoop release to try again.
Thanks :)

Best Regards,
Dora

Posted by Dora <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

Posted by Dora <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

Posted by Dora <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
0. I don't think this message is critical. It is just a warning, not an
error.
1. It is cause of the configuration of the default log4j.properties shipped
in either Pig or your Hadoop
2. You seem to be using a very old version of Apache Hadoop if its pure
0.20.1. Please try upgrading to one of the most recent releases.
3. To make the warning go away, try to find and fix the log4j.properties
file line that carries the EventCounter, to the one it recommends you to
use.

--
Harsh J

Re: Failed to start Apache pig on Hadoop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Failed to start Apache pig on Hadoop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Failed to start Apache pig on Hadoop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J