Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com> on 2016/01/26 19:54:05 UTC

Re: Spark components with Material Design

Hi every one, i just wanted to know if there is some news about the
material spark design lib you spoke about a few months ago. I see probably
we'll have floating button but in the demo i cannot see it

Thank you very much
Angelo

Posted by Rui Cruz <in...@gmail.com>.
I didn't copy code... (if material design was somehow spark based, maybe I
could try to copy something.. :D).

So, a comment after the header sounds great.

Thank you

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Rui Cruz <in...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> The principles behind the skin are the guidelines of material design:
> https://www.google.com/design/spec/material-design/
>
> also the font embedded is Roboto:
> https://www.google.com/design/spec/resources/roboto-noto-fonts.html
>
> Those are the references, not code just one font and guidelines.
>
> The email for sending the clas is hidden.
>
> Regards

The Roboto fonts are already mentioned in our Apache Flex SDK License[1]
 We use it for the Android 4.x+ skins.  So no need to add another note
about them.

Thanks,
Om

[1] https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/blob/develop/LICENSE#L252

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Rui,

Posted by Rui Cruz <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> 1) I'll add the the "Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF)"
> comment block on every files with the google material reference like this:

IMO no need to add the CC-BY to the header it can be added to LICENSE but we can help you with after after you donate the code.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Spark components with Material Design

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Rui,

On 3/22/16, 9:18 AM, "Rui Cruz" <in...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Thank you for the clarification Alex,
>
>1) I'll add the the "Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF)"
>comment block on every files with the google material reference like this:
>
>//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>//////
>//
>//  Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
>//  contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
>//  this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
>//  The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version
>2.0
>//  (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
>//  the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>//
>//      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>//
>//  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
>//  distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>//  WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
>implied.
>//  See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>//  limitations under the License.
>//
>//
>//  This product bundles Google Material fonts and icons available under a
>//  CC-BY-4.0 license.
>//  For details, see <src\spark\material\assets\fonts\Roboto.swf>.  Source
>//  for these fonts and icons are available at:
>//  https://github.com/google/material-design-icons
>//
>//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>//////

What is a "reference"?  If it is just a link back to the original, then I
would say that Google's license doesn't need to be mentioned.  AIUI, a
source header is meant to describe the licensing of the actual contents of
the file.  If there are no lines in the file copied from Google, then
there is no requirement to provide attribution in the header.

IMO, the top-level LICENSE file is the place to put the above.  It
provides a summary of what licenses affect the various files in a set of
files.

>2) I'll provide the signed ccla[2] and ccla[3]. But where do I submit the
>ccla?

All clas get sent to secretary@apache.org.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: Spark components with Material Design

Posted by Rui Cruz <in...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the clarification Alex,

1) I'll add the the "Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF)"
comment block on every files with the google material reference like this:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
[...]

Rui

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Rui Cruz <in...@gmail.com>.
This is just a skin.. and I also have full support from my company :)

I think the apache licence on each file would be fine (maybe when I merge
the develop branch is a good time for that).

do I have to reference the material design from google too
(fonts/guidelines/icons)? If yes, can you provide me the text/example
please? (I think its all creative commons)

Kind regards,
Rui

Posted by OK <OK...@edscha.com>.
Alex Harui wrote
> If not, if you would
> change the licensing to Apache License 2.0, and Olaf agrees in this thread
> to re-license his pull requests as Apache License 2.0, I think it might be
> ok to skip the whole Software Grant process and just have you attach the
> sources to a JIRA issue.

I agree with licensing my contributions under Apache License 2.0.

Olaf

Re: Spark components with Material Design

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/21/16, 1:07 PM, "Rui Cruz" <in...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Om,
>
>Thanks for asking, Its very kind from you. The code is on github so its
>free and everyone can use it. It would be my pleasure to see this under
>Apache Flex project. Maybe this way gets more people completing it.
>
>A lot of new features are in the develop branch and I'm already using them
>on a company project.
>

>So for me is a GO and I believe Olaf will love this move too :)

Hi Rui,

Did you develop this code on behalf of a company?  If not, if you would

Posted by Rui Cruz <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi Om,

Thanks for asking, Its very kind from you. The code is on github so its
free and everyone can use it. It would be my pleasure to see this under
Apache Flex project. Maybe this way gets more people completing it.

A lot of new features are in the develop branch and I'm already using them
on a company project.

So for me is a GO and I believe Olaf will love this move too :)

P.S - This is far from complete / production ready, my plans was to make a
swc version of the skin, and also a side-project (or branch) where the
logic was coded inside the skin (personally I don't like, but is the only
way to use spark default components, then submit for voting and keep/drop
the swc version). Also mobile components missing.

If there is anything I can do, just say it and I'll try to provide it.

Kind regards,
Rui

Posted by OK <OK...@edscha.com>.
Hi Om,
thanks for your request! The origin author is Rui, I've just contribute some
minor things.
>From my point of view it would be great if this great lib will be part of
the SDK.
I'm very unhappy that I've not yet continue to work on it but I definately
will do and anybody is invited to help ;-)
Currently I've started to create a simple material demo UI with the goal to
show how the material design could make a flex app much more fancy.

Btw from my point of view we'll need the same for FlexJS ;-)

Thanks,
Olaf

Re: Spark components with Material Design

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Rui, Olaf,

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 12:03 AM, Angelo Lazzari <angelo.lazzari@redtulp.com

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.