Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Martin Kuhn <ma...@gmx.at> on 2002/11/28 20:27:56 UTC

Is DynaActionForm extendable ??? - What's wrong with my approach?

Hi STRUTS-experts!

I have Value-Objects's with complicate structure's.

This VO's have a generic structure and are ready for
presentation and also for update.
I don't want code many extra-layer's to handle my VO's
with struts.

I want a dynamic solution where I can use my VO's.

Is it possible to extend DynaActionForm to access my VO's?

I tried extending DynaActionForm and override
get and set-Method's of DynaActionForm and
getDynaProperty and so on.
Also I implemented DynaClass im my class.

I pass my VO to my "SpecialDynaActionForm"
and access it in get and set-method's.

But the behavior is really strange.
It works only sometimes :-(
(I use Tomcat 4.04). Sometimes when I start Tomcat and
use my web-application this approach work's well.
But sometimes I get a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
when the Struts-Framework try to create an instance
for my SpecialDynaActionForm.

Has anybody a hint for me?

Is it clever to take this approach?

TIA