Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Udo Müller <in...@cs-ol.de> on 2021/06/02 14:36:06 UTC

UEFI-Boot with Windows VM, attach ISO failes

Hi guys,

next thing i stumple upon:

I have a VM which is setup from a windows categorized ISO and boottype UEFI.

I can create and run the VM. But if i detach the ISO and want to attach
another one i get the following error:

[{"com.cloud.agent.api.Answer":{"result":"false","details":"org.libvirt.LibvirtException:
Interner Fehler: No device with bus 'ide' and target 'hdc'. cdrom and
floppy device hotplug isn't supported by
libvirt","wait":"0","bypassHostMaintenance":"false"}}]

Thats correct because the VM is create with a SATA cdrom.

What do i have to do to be able to reattach ISO files?

Regards Udo

Re: UEFI-Boot with Windows VM, attach ISO failes

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
tnx Slavka, I'll have a look

--
Daan

Re: UEFI-Boot with Windows VM, attach ISO failes

Posted by Slavka Peleva <sl...@storpool.com.INVALID>.
Hi, Daan, Udo,

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: UEFI-Boot with Windows VM, attach ISO failes

Posted by Udo Müller <in...@cs-ol.de>.