Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Sergey Smirnov <si...@exadel.com> on 2005/07/13 01:58:33 UTC

[shale] [clay] Problem with updating model

I have got a problem with updating model when clay based component is used.
As a test case I have two pages. On the first page I ask for  name. Then, on the second page, I print it.

When I have on the first page:
   <h:form>
    <h:inputText value="#{myuser.firstName}"/>
    <h:commandButton value="Show It" action="outp"/>
    </h:form>

Everything works properly. However, when I replace inputText with clay style:

   <h:form>
    <sh:clay jsfid="inputName" id="comp"/>
    <h:commandButton value="Show It" action="outp"/>
    </h:form>

It shows the init value from the bean, but does not update the bean when the changed value is submitted.

clay-config.xml has:

 <component jsfid="inputName" extends="inputText" allowBody="false">
    <attributes>
        <set name="value" value="#{myuser.firstName}"/>
    </attributes>
 </component>

faces-config.xml has:

 <managed-bean>
  <managed-bean-name>myuser</managed-bean-name>
  <managed-bean-class>demo.User</managed-bean-class>
  <managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
  <managed-property>
   <property-name>firstName</property-name>
   <property-class>java.lang.String</property-class>
   <value>John</value>
  </managed-property>
 </managed-bean>

Actually, I incorporated those test stuff inside the shale-use-case application (07/08/05 nightly build). So, the rest configuration is from the original shale-use-case environment.

Do I miss something important here?

--
Sergey