Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr> on 2004/07/03 11:03:36 UTC

[FYI] How to handle SOAP mustUnderstand in terms of JAX-RPC

Hi all,

As working on JAX-RPC 1.1 stuffs for Axis, I've been very curious of what
exactly JAX-RPC spec requires for a JAX-RPC implementation to handle SOAP
mustUnderstand. In its version 1.1, JAX-RPC doesn't mention about the
matter. However, JAX-RPC 2.0 makes it clear. Referring to section 6.2.1
"SOAP mustUnderstand Processing",

3. Identify the set of header qualified names (QNames) that the binding
instance understands. This is the
set of all header QNames:
(a) corresponding to parameters mapped to the operation by the original
WSDL, and
(b) obtained from HandlerInfo.getHeaders() for each HandlerInfo in the set
obtained in
step 2.

I think the current MustUnderstandChecker seems compliant with #3 of the
section in JAX-RPC 2.0 early draft. Conversely, JAX-RPC 2.0's way of
processing SOAP mustUnderstand can explain how MustUnderstandChecker
behaves.

What do you think of this?

Thanks,

Ias

Lee, Changshin (Korean name)
Ias (International name)
               Company Web Site: http://www.tmax.co.kr
               Personal Web Site: http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr
JSR 201, 204, 222, 224, and 245 Expert Group Member
Apache Web Services Project Member
R&D Center
Tmax Soft, Inc.

Re: [FYI] How to handle SOAP mustUnderstand in terms of JAX-RPC

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
i went by pure logic, trying to think what exactly makes sense as i
hadn't seen the draft. if the handler is handling it or the impl
handles it (as an explicit parameter) then we should not throw an
error :)

-- dims