Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Zsombor Gegesy <de...@mailbox.hu> on 2002/09/10 00:47:21 UTC

Re[2]: Turbine on Linux with MySQL, different authentication?

Hello David,

DW> I have now confirmed that it is a permission problem with both errors below.
DW> I have in TR.properties

DW> database.default.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
DW> database.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/rwsite
                                      ---------

 Are there a MySQL databases in both of the boxes? You should change
this to the exact address.

bye
 Zsombor

RE: Re[2]: Turbine on Linux with MySQL, different authentication?

Posted by David Wynter <da...@btclick.com>.
Yes, there are 2 databases, one on each box. I fixed half the problem. For
some reason the 'Any' host permission for MySQL on Linux had a '' in the
Host column whereas the Windows box had a '%'. I changed it and the first
form problem went away. Now I have a different roblem with the second form.
I will pursue this tomorrow. Interesting exercise to see how MySQL differs
between DOs and Linux.