Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Kelvin Kakugawa <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/10 03:53:38 UTC

dead code: org.apache.cassandra.net.sink.SinkManager

I've been looking around the codebase, and I was wondering if these
classes are dead code:
org.apache.cassandra.net.sink.IMessageSink
org.apache.cassandra.net.sink.SinkManager

There are a couple places where SinkManager is used, however,
addMessageSink() is never called.  So, the calls to
process*MessageSink() appear to be no-ops.

-Kelvin

Re: dead code: org.apache.cassandra.net.sink.SinkManager

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
The authors of that class said (in a presentation?) that it's used to
introduce artificial errors for testing.  So I'm in no hurry to delete
it.