Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rishi Easwaran <ri...@aol.com> on 2013/05/14 20:58:22 UTC

SOLR Cloud Collection Management quesiotn.

Hi,

I am beginning to work on SOLR cloud implementation.
I created a collection using the collections API

http://myhost:port/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=testCloud1&numShards=6&replicationFactor=2&collection.configName=myconf&maxShardsPerNode=1

My cluster now has 6 shards and 2 replicas  (1 leader & 1 replica) for
each shard.
Now I want to add extra replicas to each shard in my cluster without
out changing the replicationFactor used to create the collection.
Any ideas on how to go about doing that.

Thanks,

Rishi.

Re: SOLR Cloud Collection Management quesiotn.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
You cannot currently adjust the number of replicas with the collections api - you have to use the core admin api. Which means you determine the replica placement based on what server you hit with the core admin api.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#Creating_cores_via_CoreAdmin

Create 2 more nodes via that api, and either don't pass the shard and it will be assigned to the shard with the fewest current replicas, or you can explicitly tell it what shard to join.

- Mark

--

Anshum Gupta
http://www.anshumgupta.net

Re: SOLR Cloud Collection Management quesiotn.

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Hi Rishi,

--

Anshum Gupta
http://www.anshumgupta.net

Re: SOLR Cloud Collection Management quesiotn.

Posted by Rishi Easwaran <ri...@aol.com>.

http://newNode1:port/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=testCloud1_shard1_replica3&collection=testCloud1&shard=shard1&collection.configName=myconf

http://newNode2:port/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=testCloud1_shard2_replica3&collection=testCloud1&shard=shard2&collection.configName=myconf