Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Shawn Fu Sheng <sh...@victz.com> on 2016/09/27 16:13:14 UTC

Apache James Server 3.0-beta5-SNAPSHOT : Unable receive email from outside domains using SSL

Dear All,

sorry to disturb. i am new to James and i built james-server-app-3.0.0-beta5-SNAPSHOT-app.zip from latest source code (22 Sep 2016) on GIT. It was working perfectly before i setup SSL. After i open SMTP SSL i am unable receive email from outside domains.

Learnt that in order to receive email from outside domains, there must have SMTP instance listening 25 without encryption. but if i want my user to use SSL to connect my email service, should i have to set up multiple SMTP instances using same database? is this the correct approach? or is there already have any setting to handle this scenario?

Appreciate your advice, please. thank you very much in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
Shawn