Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Malloy, John W." <Ma...@ncslink.com> on 2000/12/01 01:06:52 UTC

quick parser question

Can somebody please tell me what this error is referring to, it seems a
little difficult to interpret:

Parser error: White space must not occur between elements declared in an
external parsed entity with element content in a standalone document.

tia,
Malloy

Re: quick parser question

Posted by Curt Arnold <cu...@hyprotech.com>.
If you have an external entity foo.xml that you include in bar.xml then all
elements-only content in foo.bat cannot have white-space.

This should be okay, adding white space (like line feeds or space between
the <doc> and &foo;) will apparently dork it.

==== bar.xml =====

<!DOCTYPE doc
[
<!ELEMENT doc (foo,foo)>