Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Pawan Verma <pa...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2020/07/14 13:38:41 UTC

API Reference on OFBiz site

Hello Devs,

Since Oliver has refactored documentation with new directories structure
with the trunk, next and stable API Reference link becomes stale.

Question: What should be the API Reference link on the site?

Possible Solutions:
#1: We can use the link for stable APIs for Site as suggested by Jacques on
Jira OFBIZ-11888.

#2: We can show the link for both trunk and stable release like Build and
Run section.
Example:
*     OFBiz API Reference*

   - *Trunk API Reference*
   - *Release 17.12 API Reference*

Please share your thoughts on this. TIA!

--
Thanks & Regards
Pawan Verma

Re: API Reference on OFBiz site

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Pawan,

That looks good but we have a problem with the menu Documentation/API Reference

Jacques

Posted by Pritam Kute <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me.👍

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.

Posted by Pawan Verma <pa...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Posted by Pawan Verma <pa...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks, Jacques, All for the response.

Yes, Makes sense. So, It will look something like this, if this looks good,
I'll make the required changes.

The layout of API Reference on the Site:
*OFBiz API Reference*

   - *Trunk API Reference*
   - *Release 17.12 API Reference*
   - *Next Release API Reference*

--
Thanks & Regards
Pawan Verma
Technical Consultant
*HotWax Systems*
*Enterprise open source experts*
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 1:46 PM Jacques Le Roux <

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Pawan,

Posted by Pawan Verma <pa...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Yes, seems like a good idea to expose the next API too. But I am not fully
aware of the next API and curious about the label means Next API Reference,
wouldn't it be confusing for the user?
--
Thanks & Regards
Pawan Verma
Technical Consultant
*HotWax Systems*
*Enterprise open source experts*
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 2:38 PM Jacques Le Roux <

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Olivier Heintz <ho...@apache.org>.
+1 to the 2nd option

Posted by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com>.