Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Robert Liguori <cx...@gliesian.com> on 2011/08/19 15:28:34 UTC

Aegis, XmlBeans and CXF

I'm not understanding the "home" of the Aegis databinding within CXF.

Shouldn't Aegis have it's own Apache project?

Similarly, what's up with Apache XmlBeans?  It seems to need a place
to thrive (as it's relatively inactive)...  could XmlBeans be
subsumed/hosted by CXF?

Better yet, what about a merger between Aegis and XmlBeans (into the
XmlBeans project)... does this make any sense?

'or is everything fine just how it is?

...just tying to grasp the dynamics of things.

Thanks,
Robert

Re: Aegis, XmlBeans and CXF

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
An entire Apache project ('tlp', for top-level-project) requires a
viable community to answer questions, fix bugs, and move forward.
Aegis is a piece of CXF that happens to be usable without the rest of
CXF. It does not have an attached posse of human beings who could (and
have any desire to) form a TLP, so it remains inside of CXF.