Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Nabbefeld <Pe...@gmx.de> on 2004/07/11 14:47:53 UTC

Deploying plugins

Hi,

I've tried to write a plugin and deploy it with my local web server (on
W2k), placing it in
${docroot}/repository/maven/plugins/myplugin-0.1.jar. Now I've tried to
install it using '"%maven_home%\bin\maven" plugin:download
-DgroupId=maven -DartifactId=myplugin -Dversion=0.1'. The strange thing
is, that it first does not look in the plugins tree, but in the jars
tree and fails. I've changed then the name of the directory to jars, but
now it looks in plugins. After back-renaming, it works.

The strange thing here is, that Maven obviously looks in jars the first
time (and only the first time), then it has learned that the file is a
plugin and looks in the plugins tree.

 From this all it seems to me, that I'd to put something (possibly a
project description?) into the jars tree, and the right destination
would probably be the plugins tree.

So my question is: What does Maven expect to find in the jars tree
(other than a duplicate of the file)? How do I have to install my plugin
an my local server?

Kind regards

Peter Nabbefeld

Re: Deploying plugins

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Well, the PDF is just the site repackaged, so it should be there..

If you'd like to suggest a change, feel free to post a JIRA bug (under
maven, component documentation), saying the info , where it was in the
PDF/site and where you think it should be.

Thanks,
Brett

Re: Deploying plugins

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <Pe...@gmx.de>.

Re: Deploying plugins

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Deploying plugins

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <Pe...@gmx.de>.

Re: Deploying plugins

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Do you by any chance have it as a dependency without a type?

Anyway, we should be able to figure it out if you post the full output
of maven with -X to JIRA as an attachment after creating an issue.

Thanks,
Brett

Re: Deploying plugins

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <Pe...@gmx.de>.