Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Elizabeth Haubert <eh...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2018/03/02 15:38:58 UTC

dataimporthandler ignoring configured timezone for indexStartTime?

I'm getting the incorrect the reported time deltas on the admin console for
"indexing since" and "started". It looks like DIH is converting the last
start time to UTC:

Last Update: 09:57:15

Indexing completed. Added/Updated: 94078 documents. Deleted 0 documents.
(Duration: 06s)

Requests: 1 , Fetched: 94,078 15,680/s, Skipped: 0 , Processed: 94,078
15,680/s

Started: about 5 hours ago

Server is configured for the EST timezone.

Timezone is set in solr.in.sh:
# By default the start script uses UTC; override the timezone if needed
SOLR_TIMEZONE="EST"

DIH propertywriter specifies timezone in date format:
<propertyWriter dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss z"
type="SimplePropertiesWriter"  />

And timezone is actually being written out in dataimport.properties:
#Fri Mar 02 09:55:11 EST 2018
last_index_time=2018-03-02 09\:55\:06 EST
autosuggest.last_index_time=2018-03-02 09\:55\:06 EST

The code in DataImporter.doc looks like it is pulling the starttime
directly from the PropertyWriter,

so I'm a little stuck what else needs to be configured here.

  public void doFullImport(DIHWriter writer, RequestInfo requestParams) {

    LOG.info("Starting Full Import");

    setStatus(Status.RUNNING_FULL_DUMP);

    try {

      DIHProperties dihPropWriter = createPropertyWriter();

      setIndexStartTime(dihPropWriter.getCurrentTimestamp());

Suggestions?

Thank you,

Elizabeth