Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com> on 2010/05/12 23:15:24 UTC

Thrift 0.3.0 RC3 - Now With More Languages!

I propose that we accept:
http://people.apache.org/~bryanduxbury/thrift-0.3.0-rc3.tar.gz<http://people.apache.org/%7Ebryanduxbury/thrift-0.3.0-rc3.tar.gz>

as the official Thrift 0.3.0 release. It is based on a fresh checkout from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/thrift/branches/0.3.0.

The GPG signature can be found at
http://people.apache.org/~bryanduxbury/thrift-0.3.0-rc3.tar.gz.asc<http://people.apache.org/%7Ebryanduxbury/thrift-0.3.0-rc3.tar.gz.asc>
with an MD5 sum of be09aa3a4e46847550eac8c849650c28
9e

Please download and untar, verify the signature and sum, then run configure
and make.

Re: Thrift 0.3.0 RC3 - Now With More Languages!

Posted by David Reiss <dr...@facebook.com>.
r945898 fixed a problem in my r945744.  But I still would rather include
both than neither.

--David

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.

Posted by David Reiss <dr...@facebook.com>.
Better add r945898 to that. :(

Posted by David Reiss <dr...@facebook.com>.

Posted by Kevin Clark <ke...@gmail.com>.
I'd consider that good enough to keep from blocking release. But a
ticket should be probably be opened to make the issue go away next
release.

Does make spawn a new shell that doesn't inherit environment
variables? When I add a line to print ENV['ARCHFLAGS

--
Kevin Clark
http://glu.ttono.us

Re: Thrift 0.3.0 RC3 - Now With More Languages!

Posted by Jake Luciani <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kevin!

Posted by Jake Luciani <ja...@gmail.com>.
Looks like my ruby isn't configured correctly on my macbook so I have no
idea if this is just my issue.
Can anyone else with a mac and ruby please check this?

Thanks,

-Jake

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Programs written against the old generated code won't work with the new
generated code without a few changes, it appears.

-Todd

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jake Luciani <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, looks like the ruby extension on my macbook are not being built with
correct architecture?

cc -arch ppc -arch i386 -pipe -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -o
thrift_native.bundle binary_protocol_accelerated.o compact_protocol.o
memory_buffer.o protocol.o struct.o thrift_native.o -L.
-L/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib -L. -arch
ppc -arch i386    -lruby  -lpthread -ldl -lm
ld warning: in binary_protocol_accelerated.o, file is not of required
architecture
ld warning: in compact_protocol.o, file is not of required architecture
ld warning: in memory_buffer.o, file is not of required architecture
ld warning: in protocol.o, file is not of required architecture
ld warning: in struct.o, file is not of required architecture
ld warning: in thrift_native.o, file is not of required architecture

Is this working for anyone else?

Otherwise Perl and JS targets look good.

-Jake

Posted by Mark Slee <ms...@facebook.com>.
+1