Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Andy Kurth <an...@ncsu.edu> on 2009/04/30 15:39:50 UTC

Beginning work on a few issues

I'm beginning to work on the backend code regarding following issues.  Please
let me know if you have any suggestions.

VCL-20: Configuration of sshd port for image retrieval
Utils.pm::get_request_info() and DataStructure.pm need to be updated to handle
the managementnode.sshport column.  The provisioning modules' retrieve_image()
subroutines need to be updated to use this.

VCL-118: Add delay to run_ssh_command() & run_scp_command() retry attempts
These subs currently make 3 attempts using port 22, and a 4th using port 24.
There is no delay in between attempts.  A node may be booting up or processing
the update Cygwin script when the attempts are made.  It would eventually
respond but run_s**_command() doesn't wait long enough.  I'm thinking of adding
a progressive delay in between attempts.  The 4th attempt will be removed once
VCL-20 is resolved and the port number is passed to run_ssh_command() where
necessary.  How about:
Between 1st & 2nd attempt: 3 seconds
Between 2nd & 3rd attempt: 15 seconds

VCL-120: Add subroutine to set IE's runonce registry keys so user isn't
presented with it
Add subroutine to set IE's runonce registry keys so user isn't presented with it
This will be added to Windows_mod.pm and will be called from pre_capture().

VCL-62: Calls to _rpower in Windows.pm cause reservation processes to die
I think this has been resolved but I'll make sure and update the issue.

VCL-120: Update reclaim.pm
Needs to be updated to use DataStructure.pm instead of direct hash data.

-Andy

Re: Beginning work on a few issues

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.