Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Ruwan Linton <ru...@apache.org> on 2007/12/11 10:22:07 UTC

Plans for the next synapse release (1.1.1)

Hi all,

We are planning for the next release of Synapse which is going to be
synapse-1.1.1. This release is mostly going to be a bug fix release of the
1.1 release with a very few new features and improvements like email
mediator (in-progress), call-out mediator and the enhanced support for the
GET requests and some more transport level improvements.

There are a few JIRAs yet to work on,

SYNAPSE-189
SYNAPSE-184
SYNAPSE-188
SYNAPSE-180
SYNAPSE-178
SYNAPSE-175

and there are number of issues that has been already fixed on the svn trunk.

Our planned time line for the final release is mid January (hopefully with
becoming a TLP) and we will be doing a few qa and beta releases frequently
before the release.

devs, is there any thing that I have missed or any thing that can be added
to synapse for this release?
users, is there any thing that need to be fixed or added to this release?
Please speak up now.

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton

Re: Plans for the next synapse release (1.1.1)

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I see Asankha has cut a new branch :)

How are we doing on the 1.1.1 status?

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Plans for the next synapse release (1.1.1)

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 11, 2007 4:27 PM, <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> > 2) I'd like to get the first annotation support in - even if its marked
> as
> > "early code/beta quality".
>
> If ant could do it that will be great.

I can certainly try to do more on this (still waiting for review comments on
whats there so far...)

Hopefully it can reuse as much as possible from all the work done on the
POJO Command mediator so theres not too much new code and they both work in
similar ways.

   ...ant

Re: Plans for the next synapse release (1.1.1)

Posted by ru...@gmail.com.
Paul,

On 12/11/07, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ruwan
>
> I think we need a few things that aren't captured yet in JIRA.
>
> 1) I'd like us to have a formal process and place for contributed class
> mediators as well as extensions. I've written some and other have
> contributed them too, and I think it would be good to have a place in the
> code tree for those.

+1 for this. I have already added a folder named extensions to the lib
dir and jars go in here will be availabel in the classpath. I think
Asankha pointed some wrapper script issues with that. I will look in
to that and fix it.

> 2) I'd like to get the first annotation support in - even if its marked as
> "early code/beta quality".

If ant could do it that will be great.

> 3) What about doing a really simple authentication mediator to flesh out the
> discussion we had earlier?

Will try our best to get this in to the release. May be Upul or Indika
can help with this.

> 4) Have we got documentation/samples about the POJO Command mediator in
> place? I know you fixed the code

Yeah. I will add at least two samples for this, and I think it is
worth in adding a sample for the callout mediator as well. (I am
planning to add some more samples which illustrates the rest support
through synapse)

Thanks,
Ruwan

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 11, 2007 8:49 PM, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Saminda
>
> As Syanpse is compatible with Java 1.5 and higher, would 1.1 release is
> going to ship  dependencies  like  backport-util-concurrent-XX.jar and
> bcprov-jdk13-132.jar. In addition to this, if Axis2.jar can be included
> instead of Axis2-XX.jar sub jars, it would clean-up the dependencies in
> the lib too.
>
> I agree.. lets remove backport-util-concurrent .. about switching to
> axis2.jar, can you or Deepal confirm that the following are included in it
> for us to go ahead?
> thanks
> asankha

Axis2.jar contains  following  with  1.3 release and  the current truck,

java2wsdl
kernel,
addressing,
codegen,
adb,
adb-codegen,
xmlbeans,

As you can see Axis2.jar ships addressing related classes and its module.xml.
Thus, having Axis2.jar in classpath will cause addressing to be available.
Hence, you wouldn't have to have a dependency for addressing-1.3.mar as
well. But the downside is, if URL repository  has to be supported  out of
the box, you would have to send the addressing-1.3.mar and modules.list file
in the repository/modules directory.

Axis2.jar does not include axis2-mtompolicy related class, thus, it has to
be an independent dependency. When considering axis2-mtompolicy.jar,
axis2-kernel has to be excluded from the transitive dependency section.

Thank you

Saminda

--
Saminda Abeyruwan

Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc. - www.wso2.org

Re: Plans for the next synapse release (1.1.1)

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Saminda
> As Syanpse is compatible with Java 1.5 and higher, would 1.1 release
> is going to ship  dependencies  like  backport-util-concurrent-XX.jar
> and bcprov-jdk13-132.jar. In addition to this, if Axis2.jar can be
> included instead of Axis2-XX.jar sub jars, it would clean-up the
> dependencies in the lib too.
I agree.. lets remove backport-util-concurrent .. about switching to
axis2.jar, can you or Deepal confirm that the following are included in
it for us to go ahead?
thanks
asankha

axis2-adb-1.3.jar
axis2-adb-codegen-1.3.jar
axis2-codegen-1.3.jar
axis2-java2wsdl-1.3.jar
axis2-kernel-1.3.jar
axis2-mtompolicy-1.3.jar
axis2-xmlbeans-1.3.jar

Re: Plans for the next synapse release (1.1.1)

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I've remembered Asankha has send a mail few months back regrading the
dependencies. As Syanpse is compatible with Java 1.5 and higher, would

On Dec 11, 2007 5:02 PM, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ruwan
>
> I think we need a few things that aren't captured yet in JIRA.
>
> 1) I'd like us to have a formal process and place for contributed class
> mediators as well as extensions. I've written some and other have
> contributed them too, and I think it would be good to have a place in the
> code tree for those.
>
> 2) I'd like to get the first annotation support in - even if its marked as
> "early code/beta quality".
>
> 3) What about doing a really simple authentication mediator to flesh out
> the discussion we had earlier?
>
> 4) Have we got documentation/samples about the POJO Command mediator in
> place? I know you fixed the code
>
> Paul
>

> On Dec 11, 2007 9:22 AM, Ruwan Linton < ruwan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are planning for the next release of Synapse which is going to be
> > synapse-1.1.1. This release is mostly going to be a bug fix release of
> > the
> > 1.1 release with a very few new features and improvements like email
> > mediator (in-progress), call-out mediator and the enhanced support for
> > the
> > GET requests and some more transport level improvements.
> >
> > There are a few JIRAs yet to work on,
> >
> > SYNAPSE-189
> > SYNAPSE-184
> > SYNAPSE-188
> > SYNAPSE-180
> > SYNAPSE-178
> > SYNAPSE-175
> >
> > and there are number of issues that has been already fixed on the svn
> > trunk.
> >
> > Our planned time line for the final release is mid January (hopefully
> > with
> > becoming a TLP) and we will be doing a few qa and beta releases
> > frequently
> > before the release.
> >
> > devs, is there any thing that I have missed or any thing that can be
> > added
> > to synapse for this release?
> > users, is there any thing that need to be fixed or added to this
> > release?
> > Please speak up now.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ruwan
> >
> > --
> > Ruwan Linton
> > http://www.wso2.org - "Oxygenating the Web Services Platform"
> >

> --
> Paul Fremantle
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
>
> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> paul@wso2.com

> Paul Fremantle
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
>
> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> paul@wso2.com

Saminda Abeyruwan

Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc. - www.wso2.org

Fwd: Plans for the next synapse release (1.1.1)

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Ruwan

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Ruwan