Posted to dev@yetus.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2017/07/12 18:07:28 UTC

[DRAFT] [REPORT] Yetus - July 2017

Here's a draft of our report for this quarter (off cycle due to missing
last month, fyi)

----
Apache Yetus provides libraries and tools that enable contribution and
release processes for software projects.

ISSUES FOR THE BOARD'S ATTENTION

We missed our report last month due to the PMC Chair failing to find time.
As mentioned in previous reports, the current chair is looking to have the
position rotated. Another member of the PMC has expressed interest and the
PMC will be working on the issue this quarter.

RELEASES

Last release was version 0.4.0 on January 9th, 2017.

ACTIVITY

No new PMC additions in this period; our last PMC addition was Ajay
Yadava on Dec 1st, 2016.

No new committer additions in this period; our last committer
additions were Andrew Wang and Ajay Yadava on Sep 20th, 2016.

The community is currently working on a 0.5.0 release, which has some
usability improvements and a utility for CI systems that run docker (e.g.
ASF Jenkins). The burst of activity around this release drove a higher
amount of JIRA activity compared to previous period (in both creation and
resolution).

There are also some features under development from new contributors. The
PMC still needs to be more proactive on recognizing these new contributors
with more project responsibilities.

STATS

- Currently 8 PMC members
- Currently 10 committers
- dev list has 42 subscribers (flat from previous period)

----

Re: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Yetus - July 2017

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.
Okay, I'll rephrase that bit and post.

On Jul 13, 2017 12:43 PM, "Allen Wittenauer" <aw...@effectivemachines.com>
wrote:

0.5.0 will get announced later this afternoon, so might as put that in the
report.

Other than that, +1. :)

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.