Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Martin Emrich <ma...@empolis.com> on 2014/08/28 18:10:15 UTC

Downloading new templates blocked?

Hi!

I just tried to import a template VHD on a CloudStack 4.4.0 installation.
After I got the status "Connection refused", I first poked my firewall for half an hour.
Then I took a look at the SSVM, and I discovered two firewall rules, explicitly blocking outgoing HTTP and HTTPS.
So I configured my web server to Port 81, only to get a message "Only Ports 80, 8080 and 443 are allowed".

This effectively leaves only port 8080 for a template-serving web server. After setting my server to port 8080, downloading the template worked fine.

Can I disable this firewall rule? Or do I miss some deeper purpose?

Thanks,

Martin Emrich

AW: Downloading new templates blocked?

Posted by Martin Emrich <ma...@empolis.com>.
Yes, it's an internal server.... Thanks for the hint!

Ciao

Martin

Hi, Martin.  Is your web server on an internal (RFC 1918) network?  If so you need to add the CIDR to secstorage.allowed.internal.sites in Global Settings.

Best regards,
Kirk

Re: Downloading new templates blocked?

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.