Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Tien Dat PHAN <tp...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/25 14:07:09 UTC

Consuming Dubbo API with Kerberos authentication

Dear experts,

For ACL purpose, we are trying to use Kerberos for controlling the accessibility of different users on consuming Dubbo services.
Does Dubbo naturally support such kind of feature?

IF it does NOT. We might have to think of implementing our API to take an extra parameter as the token to identify between users.

Best regards
Tien Dat PHAN

Re: Consuming Dubbo API with Kerberos authentication

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
Dubbo 2.7.6 provides an authentication mechanism[1], which is quite flaxible on Token acquire and verification. I am not familiar with Kerberos so I am not sure if it can work together with Kerberos. We don’t have an English version doc regarding Auth yet, so you need to check the source code to find how it works.

1. https://github.com/apache/dubbo/tree/master/dubbo-plugin/dubbo-auth

Jun