Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by carbondata-newuser <yu...@foxmail.com> on 2018/07/19 06:33:08 UTC

How to look up how many date in carbon without partition.

It seems carbondata not recommend use partitionby and partitionby is not
supported in global sort scope.
It is very conveniently to look up how many date partition(along with the
partition size every day) already exists in hive(save as parquet).
In carbondata I add the date column to first sort columns in order to using
global sort scope.
But how can I look up segment corresponding date and size in carbondata.

Re: How to look up date segment details in carbon without partition.

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

In Carbondata system, the segment concept may be different with other
system.
One data load is one segment for carbondata.

Actually, carbondata currently support partition with global sort also, you
can use date as partition column to check data size for under each partition
folder.

Regards
Liang

carbondata-newuser wrote