Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bernard Fay <be...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/08 21:02:31 UTC

phpmyadmin and tomcat

Hi,

I have to setup phpmyadmin on a server that use tomcat.  I installed
phpmyadmin according to the instruction but when I try to reach
http://my_ip/phmyadmin, I received HTTP Status 404 - /phpmyadmin/,
description The requested resource (/phpmyadmin/) is not available.

I think some twist has to done in either tomcat or apache.  Someone has an
idea about what is going on?

Please, understand that I am very newbie to phpmyadmin and tomcat.

thanks in advance,
Bernard

RE: phpmyadmin and tomcat

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
not to mention if one of the php libraries (such as php5ts) crashes your server
you will have to
acquire all the make,cc,link build tools (good luck with that as you will have to get that from OS vendor)
acquire all the makefile build scripts(BTW none of the php build scripts in the src distro work)
acquire all sources which include .c .cpp .h and .l for flex
try to compile this behemoth phpt5s for your own environment
if you get less than 1000 errors it means you have a 'good copy' of php
in short what could be accomplished in one evening with java takes 2 weeks with php

when you're done with that time-wasting exercise you will then have to sync ALL your libraries according to
OS version
OS chipsize(32bit/64but)
FloatingPoint/NonFloatingPoint support
MultiThread/NonMultiThread support
LocaleSpecific Support(de for german/en for UK)
if just one of the libraries in your path dont match these characteristics you get to waste another 2 weeks

BTW: I recommend keeping your weekend schedule free for the next 6 months

Martin Gainty
Disclaimer and Confidentiality/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité
This message is confidential. If you should not be the intended receiver, then we ask politely to report. Each unauthorized forwarding or manufacturing of a copy is inadmissible. This message serves only for the exchange of information and has no legal binding effect. Due to the easy manipulation of emails we cannot take responsibility over the the contents.

RE: phpmyadmin and tomcat

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Re: phpmyadmin and tomcat

Posted by Bernard Fay <be...@gmail.com>.
Well, the installation instruction as found at phpmyadmin.net.  That part
seems rather simple but with the result I have it might not be that simple.

java -version
java version "1.5.0_15"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_15-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_15-b04, mixed mode, sharing)

apache2ctl -v
Server version: Apache/2.2.3
Server built:   May  4 2007 12:18:04

My version of Tomcat would be 5.5.27. and the OS is Linux SLES 10 with SP1.

I hope this would help.

Thanks,

RE: phpmyadmin and tomcat

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.