Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Swart, James (Jim) ** CTR **" <sw...@agere.com> on 2001/06/05 19:33:46 UTC

JDK's (ibm vs. sun)

this brings up a good question.

Tomcat 3.2 says it *assums* you are using IBM's JDK?  Does sun's suck or
something?

Posted by mazzen al-najjar <if...@yahoo.com>.
"Swart, James (Jim) ** CTR **" wrote:

> this brings up a good question.
>
> Tomcat 3.2 says it *assums* you are using IBM's JDK?  Does sun's suck or
> something?

Brings up other questions. We've just been told, again, in the last few
days, to use JDK 1.2.2_05 or better, and not JDK 1.3, because of
synchronization issues. Yet the JDK that IBM offers through the
WebSphere preview program, is 1.3.0_08 (at least for Winblows; reference
http://www6.software.ibm.com/dl/wspt/priv/wspt-h?S_PKG=pretechww ). Do
the synchronization issues also apply to the IBM JDK? What is the
citation for the above assumption?

Regards, Mazzy