Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Rhoden <ja...@rhoden.id.au> on 2007/06/02 06:27:15 UTC

Tomcat Security - Disable the http connector

Hi,

If I only allow connections to tomcat through apache (mod_jk), is it ok
then to turn off the the  http connector, ie (for example in tomcat 6)

    <Connector port="5001" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443" />

    <Connector port="4006" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

So that tomcat only listens on the AJP port? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jacob

Re: Tomcat Security - Disable the http connector

Posted by Jacob Rhoden <ja...@rhoden.id.au>.
Pid wrote:
> Jacob Rhoden wrote:
>> If I only allow connections to tomcat through apache (mod_jk), is it
>> ok then to turn off the the  http connector...
>
> Yes, just comment it out and restart.
I have already done it. Thanks! I was just worried there would be some
un-intended repercussions.

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.

RE: Tomcat 6 Manager App question (Memory usage)

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Jacob Rhoden [mailto:jacob@rhoden.id.au]
> Subject: Tomcat 6 Manager App question (Memory usage)
>
> Free memory: 0.86 MB Total memory: 9.35 MB Max memory: 63.56 MB
>
> What is the difference between total memory and max memory.

Total memory is the current size of the heap (somewhere between the -Xms
and -Xmx values); max memory is the upper bound on heap size (-Xmx).
Free memory is the amount of total memory that is not currently
allocated to objects.

A list of useful references:
http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/hotspot/gc/index.jsp

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Tomcat 6 Manager App question (Memory usage)

Posted by Jacob Rhoden <ja...@rhoden.id.au>.
Hi,

The manager application status page reports the following regarding
memory usage:

Free memory: 0.86 MB Total memory: 9.35 MB Max memory: 63.56 MB

I am confused about what this means. What is the difference between
total memory and max memory. Is the free memory what is left of total
memory, or maximum memory?

Best Regards,
Jacob