Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by vanderkerkoff <mj...@glam.ac.uk> on 2007/07/19 11:52:32 UTC

DeleteByQuery python syntax for delte all

Hello everyone

Loving solr, got an idiot question for you.

I have been manually deleting our index in the python interpretor when
testing

from solr import SolrConnection
c = SolrConnection(host='localhost:8983', persistent=False)
allgone = '[ * : * ]'
c.deleteByQuery(query=allgone)
c.commit(optimize-True)

I've forgotten the exact syntax for this line
allgone = '[ * : * ]'

Can't seem to get it right, anyone know what it should be?

Is it '[all:all]' or something?

Any help, greatly appreciated

Re: DeleteByQuery python syntax for delte all

Posted by vanderkerkoff <mj...@glam.ac.uk>.
roopesh, thank you very much

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 7/19/07, Roopesh P Raj <ro...@digitalglue.in> wrote:
> This should work :
> c.deleteByQyery('id:[* TO *]')
> c.commit()

*:* works in the latest versions of Solr to mean "all documents", and
I think we will be adding special support for that query to quickly
remove the entire index.

-Yonik

Re: DeleteByQuery python syntax for delte all

Posted by Roopesh P Raj <ro...@digitalglue.in>.
This should work :
c.deleteByQyery('id:[* TO *]')
c.commit()