Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Alexey <re...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/23 17:09:38 UTC

Forward message

Hi, is it possible for Camel and ActiveMQ forward a message from one queue to
another?

whether there are any ways to do this?

thank you

Re: Forward message

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Alexey,

a from dsl element can only be at the start of a route. So this is not
possible.

Christian

Am 25.01.2012 14:27, schrieb Alexey:
> <route>
> 	<from uri="activemq:PayrollOrder.Files.ToInspector.New" />
> 	<to uri="activemq:queue:PayrollOrder.Files.ToInspector.InProcess" />
> 	<choice>
> 		<when>
> 		<method method="inspectorAction" ref="processingPayrollOrder" />
> uri="activemq:PayrollOrder.Files.ToInspector.InProcess">
> 		<to uri="activemq:queue:PayrollOrder.Files.ToOperator.New">
>
> Christian, note the line that I have marked>>>
> So can I do?

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Forward message

Posted by Alexey <re...@gmail.com>.
<route>

Re: Forward message

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Basically that should work. What is the error you get?

Christian

Am 24.01.2012 13:50, schrieb Alexey:
> Unfortunately, I need to do this automatically.
>
> I need to configure it using the Spring xml
> I tried to write like this:

> <route>
> 	<from uri="activemq:PayrollOrder.Files.ToInspector.New" />
> 	<to uri="activemq:queue:PayrollOrder.Files.ToInspector.InProcess" />
> 	<choice>
> 		<when>
> 		<method method="inspectorAction" ref="processingPayrollOrder" />
> 		<from
> uri=&quot;activemq:PayrollOrder.Files.ToInspector.InProcess&quot;
> 		&lt;to
> uri=&quot;activemq:queue:PayrollOrder.Files.ToOperator.New&quot; />
>
> but the result was a mistake :(
>
> Thank you for your response, Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Forward message

Re: Forward message

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Am 23.01.2012 17:09, schrieb Alexey:
> Hi, is it possible for Camel and ActiveMQ forward a message from one queue to
> another?
>
> whether there are any ways to do this?
>
> thank you

Hi Alexey,

there are several ways to do this.

For example you can setup a route in camel:
from("jms://queue1").to("jms:queue2);

If you just want to move some messages by hand you can use the ActiveMQ
MBeans. Just point your jconsole at the activemq process.
The queue mbeans for example have a moveMessageTo(destination,
messageId) or a moveMatchingMessagesTo(destination, jmsSelector).

I am also currently working on jms commands for Apache Karaf that will
allow to do similar things from the karaf shell.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de