Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp> on 2014/12/09 15:30:29 UTC

Re: How to get hadoop issues data for research?

You can use REST API. Example:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/rest/api/2/search?jql=project%20%3D%20HADOOP

Akira

Posted by "Hosseinzadeh, Jafar" <Ja...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Feixue,

It all depends on how much data and what kind of work.  The easiest way to
a Hadoop cluster going is Serengeti.  You can create it using vmWare.  And
the performance is not too bad.  You can also look at Amazon to host your
project will be more expansive.  Here is a link that might help:

http://www.vmware.com/hadoop/serengeti

--jh